Monday, September 27, 2010

PARLEY-TODAY AND YESTERDAY

 PARLEY
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu's office, in a statement released at midnight, called on Palestinian National Authority (PNA) President Mahmoud Abbas to "continue the sincere and good talks that have just begun, with the goal of reaching a historic peace agreement between our two peoples."

The peace seed has been sown once again and people are really hoping that this time the ice should break and a solution should come out.

Since my childhood I always use to see and hear about the Arab conflict through the pages of my history books and whenever I use to switch on National Geographic Channel or any other news channel I use to see the stories based on it.I started believing that Muslim countries are very violent.The Suez crisis 1956 ,The six day war 1967 and the Yom Kippur war 1967  and later the Gaza strip conflict.That frame was made up in my mind.But as time passed I realized that my beliefs about this issue were wrong and a very lame one.As I grew up I understood the angle of it and the way people were associated with it. I understood the problem the Palestinians were facing and the hardship Jews have seen.The fight for the homeland became my interest.But i sincerely hope that there should be a real breakthrough of the peace talks which is going now.

In the past also many peace talk has been initiated which has resulted in nothing but failure.My heart really miss a beat when there is an offensive attack on flotilla .I question god when I see a five year old child  scribbling his drawing book and making a picture of tanks and bombs and telling his mom that he wants to take revenge,he wants to become Saviour of his country through militancy.These things really disturbs and compel at least me to think why these people are not being given a chance to live in harmony.Perhaps the situation is far way complex than our thinking.

The battle between Palestinian Group Hamas and isreal soldiers has bulged out in the past decade and is not hidden in any locker.After 9 /11 ,the most prominent date or rather divide, after BC and AC,things for Arab Nations changed completely.Al Qaeda  was the term everybody use to talk about. I remember when I saw the news of  an American Journalist of Wall Street Journal, Daniel Pearl was killed in Pakistan, that was the first time I gave a deep thought on this matter .I was taken aback when the reason was unveiled that he was beheaded because he was a Jew.This nerve breaking incident incident contemplated  me to know about the heinous incident in depth..I started doing my  research in more comprehensive way. The cloud which were clustered in my mind got clear.Later the image of Gaza Strip and the UN aid programme became  so prominent that by then i have actually started sniffing about it

Truly ,even today when Palestine and Israel are talking on peace breakthrough i recall my past decade and I wonder so much has changed in the world but nothing has been change in a big way.

Enough is enough.Both countries have seen pain and suffering  ,there has to be concrete solution to make both side content and satisfied .the leaders are having parley i wish a concrete solution knocks the door.of this decades deadlock.

No comments:

Post a Comment